Monday, 23 February 2015

Useful links for starting a doctor - medical job in the United Kingdom.

Useful links for starting a doctor - medical job in the United Kingdom copy right by Doctors Abroad Ltd.  take for page  with permission.

General Medical Council

We have strong and effective legal powers designed to maintain the standards the public have a right to expect of doctors. We are not here to protect the medical profession - their interests are protected by others. Our job is to protect patients.
UK Visas

This website will tell you if you need a visa to enter the UK and, if so, how to apply for one.
Working in the UK

This site aims to provide you with clear information about the various routes open to Foreign Nationals who want to come and work in the United Kingdom.
British Medical Association

The British Medical Association is a professional association of doctors, representing their interests and providing services for its 126,000 plus members. This includes almost 4,000 from overseas and 12,000 who are medical students.
Home office for the UK

The Home Office is the Government department responsible for internal affairs in England and Wales. The purpose of the Home Office is to work with individuals and communities to build a safe, just and tolerant society enhancing opportunities for all and in which rights and responsibilities go hand in hand, and the protection and security of the public are maintained and enhanced.
Department of Health

Our aim is to improve the health and well-being of people in England. Here you will find the latest on the Department's work, as well as health and social care guidance, publications and policy.

Do I qualify for a Highly Skilled Migrant Permit?

To see if you qualify for a Highly Skilled Migrant Permit please use the link below to use the HSMP calculator, if you qualify, great news, once you have applied come back to and select the right job for you from the hundreds of vacancies we have available every day. hsmp _ calculator .htm

How do I get a General Medical Council Number?

All doctors need a GMC number to practice medicine in the UK,please go to the GMC website below to see how to go about
getting a GMC number before you can work in the UK. Unfortunately we cannot do anything to influence a GMC application
however a word of advice is to read up on the website about the new 'GMC revalidation' service.

How do I get a UK Criminal Record Check?

The UK healthcare system has become stricter towards criminal record checks undertaken in the UK by Criminal Record Bureau. Nowadays it is very difficult to find a locum placement with just a foreign police check; regardless of how long you have been in this country a CRB check has become very important.

All good agencies can help you put a CRB in process, just bear in mind it does take from 4 - 6 weeks to get this processed so leave plenty of time to get this sorted. Also the CRB website below will give you further details on how about getting one yourself.

Do I need UK Occupational health reports before I start working in the UK?

Again similar to the UK criminal record checks, Occupational Health Reports are now an essential before applying for locum work in the UK. The best way to go about getting one is to ask a local private medical centre to assist doing one, this usually costs around 110 - 160 Pounds. Or in many cases local hospitals may happily allow you to 'walk in' to their occupational health department and do a NHS approved occupational health report, at a cost of course.

more information a

1 comment:

  1. For the doctors to revalidate their medical practice, Medical Appraisal is required which is pre-requisite of GMC revalidation. To get more information GMC can be contacted.